Treat yourself to this protein-packed cottage cheese fudge recipe! It’s a creamy, satisfying, and a healthy dessert option- perfect for any time of day!Jump to Recipe
As a dietitian, I’m always on the lookout for healthier twists on classic treats, and this one’s a winner. This cottage cheese fudge recipe tastes very similarly to chocolate fudge but with a lot more protein and health benefits!
In this blog post, I’m sharing this high-protein dessert that is super easy to make, needs just a few basic ingredients, and it’s rich, creamy, and hard to resist.
- Cottage Cheese Fudge Recipe
- Why You'll Love This Cottage Cheese Fudge Recipe
- Cottage Cheese Fudge Ingredients
- How To Make Cottage Cheese Fudge
- Tips for making this 3 ingredient cottage cheese fudge recipe
- Popular Substitutions & Additions
- How to Store Easy Cottage Cheese Fudge Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Cottage Cheese Fudge Recipe
Cottage Cheese Fudge Recipe
As a dietitian, I love making healthier desserts. I have a sweet tooth and even though I do love the classics and do enjoy them, I also love a good better-for-you alternative.
One dessert that has been gaining popularity is cottage cheese fudge. It is a simple and delicious recipe that combines the creaminess of cottage cheese with the rich flavor of chocolate.
The recipe is unique in that it is a healthier alternative to traditional fudge recipes, as it contains fewer calories and more protein. You can easily make it using just a few ingredients, including cottage cheese, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract.
The recipe is also versatile, as you can add your own twist to it by incorporating nuts, dried fruits, or other flavorings.
Why You’ll Love This Cottage Cheese Fudge Recipe
Here are a few reasons why you’ll love this 3-ingredient cottage cheese fudge recipe:
- Firstly, it is a healthier alternative to traditional fudge recipes, as it contains fewer calories and more protein.
- Secondly, it is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients, including cottage cheese, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. This makes it a perfect recipe for busy moms who want to whip up a quick and delicious dessert for their family.
- Thirdly, the recipe is versatile and can be customized to suit your personal preferences. You can add your own twist to it by incorporating nuts, dried fruits, or anything else your heart desires.
- Finally, the fudge is rich, decadent, and irresistible, making it a perfect treat for moms and anyone who wants to indulge their sweet tooth without compromising their health goals.
Cottage Cheese Fudge Ingredients
Cottage cheese: I recommend using whole milk cottage cheese. The fat ratio results in a much creamier consistency compared to lower-fat cottage cheese. This is because low fat cottage cheese has more water content and affects the texture and flavor of the end result.
Dark Chocolate Chips: Because this is a cottage cheese chocolate dessert, we need to add some melted chocolate in here! You can use any chocolate chips you like. I prefer dark chocolate becuase I find it a little less sweet. You can also use cocoa powder to replace the chocolate chips.
Vanilla Extract: This helps enhance the overall flavor profile of the cottage cheese fudge recipe.
How To Make Cottage Cheese Fudge
The first step to making cottage cheese fudge recipe is to get your equipment ready. A high-speed blender is great but you can also use a food processor.
Step 1: Prepare Cottage Cheese
In a blender or food processor, blend the cottage cheese until it becomes smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Melt Dark Chocolate Chips
In a microwave-safe bowl melt the dark chocolate chips with a teaspoon of coconut oil (or any other neutral-tasting oil) until smooth.
Step 3: Combine Ingredients
In a mixing bowl, combine the smooth cottage cheese, melted dark chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
Step 4: Line a Pan
Line a small square or rectangular pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
Step 5: Pour the Mixture
Pour the fudge mixture into the lined pan, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
Step 6: Set in the Refrigerator
Place the pan in the refrigerator and let the fudge set for at least 2-3 hours, or until it becomes firm.
Step 7: Cut into Squares
Once the fudge has set, use the parchment paper overhang to lift it from the pan. Place it on a cutting board and cut into small squares or bars.
Step 8: Serve and Enjoy
Serve this fudge made with cottage cheese immediately. If you prefer a firmer texture, you can keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.
Tips for making this 3 ingredient cottage cheese fudge recipe
Opt for full-fat cottage cheese. Choosing whole milk cottage cheese adds a layer of richness and creaminess to your fudge.
Incorporate mix-ins for flavor. Depending on the fudge variation you’re creating, consider blending certain ingredients into the base like almond or mint extract.
Consider chilling instead of freezing. For the best consistency, try chilling the cottage cheese fudge until it becomes thick and cold instead of freezing it completely. This approach results in a creamier texture with less iciness.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
Experiment with extracts. Elevate the taste of your cottage cheese fudge by adding a few drops of your preferred aromatic extracts. Vanilla, almond, and mint are excellent choices. Begin with a small amount, usually less than a teaspoon, and adjust to your liking.
Get creative with fruits. Whether fresh or frozen, any fruit can be used to add a burst of flavor. Consider incorporating strawberries, blackberries, or even mango. Keep in mind that some fruits may have more juice, so adjust the ratio to achieve your desired consistency.
Introduce a nutty crunch. Boost the texture of your fudge by folding in chopped walnuts, almonds, pistachios, or pecans. These nuts will bring a satisfying crunch to this creamy dessert.
How to Store Easy Cottage Cheese Fudge Recipe
For optimal freshness, store your easy cottage cheese fudge in the refrigerator. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container to prevent it from softening or sticking.
If stacking multiple pieces, use parchment paper to separate them.
Avoid storing the fudge near strongly scented foods to prevent flavor transfer.
For extended storage, consider freezing individual pieces by wrapping them in plastic wrap and placing them in a freezer-safe container or bag. When ready to enjoy frozen fudge, thaw it slowly in the refrigerator to maintain its delicious texture. Consume within a reasonable time for the best taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cottage cheese is a versatile base that pairs well with sweet or savory options. For sweet, mix it with fruit and honey. Add nuts, seeds, or vanilla extract for extra flavor. On the savory side, try cherry tomatoes, basil, avocado, or cracked black pepper.
Make cottage cheese more interesting by mixing it with fresh fruit, honey, or maple syrup for sweetness. Add crunch with nuts or seeds, and experiment with spices like cinnamon. Boost protein by adding grilled chicken or hard-boiled eggs. Get creative with toppings like balsamic glaze or everything bagel seasoning.
Eating cottage cheese provides a good source of protein, essential nutrients like calcium and phosphorus for bone health, and beneficial probiotics for gut health. It’s a versatile, low-calorie option that supports muscle growth and may aid in weight management.
For weight loss, pair cottage cheese with fresh fruit, vegetables, or whole-grain crackers. It’s a low-calorie, high-protein option that promotes satiety and helps control calorie intake.
If you try this MomNutritionist- approved Cottage Cheese Fudge Recipe or any other recipe on The Mom Nutritionist, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you took some pics, share it on Instagram so I can repost on Stories!
More high protein dessert recipes:
Cottage Cheese Fudge Recipe
- 15 ounces whole milk cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender or food processor, blend the cottage cheese until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the dark chocolate chips and the coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments until the dark chocolate has completely melted into a smooth consistency.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the smooth cottage cheese, melted dark chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Line a small square or rectangular pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.Pour the fudge mixture into the lined pan, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator and let the fudge set for at least 2-3 hours, or until it becomes firm. Cut into squares and enjoy!